Sunday, October 4, 2009

Teach me to number my days...

Are you suffering from the “Someday Syndrome”—Always waiting for just the right moment, the right day, or the right time to begin living your life and your calling? I feel like I have been living that way for a while...and it's time to change. It's sad that it has taken something scary to make me re-think my life and where I am in it...

Father, You tell us our days are like the grass; here one day and gone the next. May I live each day as if it were my last. (Psalm 103:15-16)

"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (Psalm 90:12)


“Show me, O LORD, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.” (Psalm 39:4)


Lord, Your love is so big. May I always seek to understand, grow and live out Your love with everyone in my life. (1Corinthians 13:4-8)

Help me to live a life that puts the interest of others ahead of myself. (Philippians 2:3-4)

Lord, I want to live the selfless life that Jesus lived - to leave a legacy of service to others rather than seeking to be served; to give of my life so that others they might come to know Your Son Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. (Matthew 20:28)

Father God, help me to change my ways - help to lead me where I am supposed to go. Help me to live my life to the fullest and to glorify you, Lord. <3>