Thursday, December 31, 2009

There you are, Lord...heal me!

'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you.' Isaiah 41:10

Whew - Chemotherapy - how we have such a love/hate relationship...
My oral pills come individually in a tin foil like wrapper. It's funny how you can read the warnings where they offer specific handling instructions to those who aren't on chemo. How they're supposed to wear gloves - and some not supposed to handle at all. Yet, I have to take the pills out of their pouches, place them on my tongue, and SWALLOW!?!?! You've GOT to be kidding me... It really makes you think. Oh, and don't get me started how the pill has the word 'toxin' in it...who in there right mind wants to take a toxin and put it in their body? Oh - and then my research shows that Cytoxan is a mustard-gas derivative. Wow, did you HEAR what I said, a MUSTARD GAS DERIVATIVE!!! Hello?! Doesn't ANYONE remember just how vicious that stuff was in World War One - and you want me to put that stuff in my body on a DAILY basis and then every three weeks an infussion of it? You must think I'm crazy!

Okay, it turns out I have lost my mind, because I have been doing this for four months now - FOUR MONTHS, WOWWY! So, here's my lovely and oh-so-sexy pictures of my last chemo trip to Johns Hopkins. Oh, and a small disclaimer, my camera on my phone is REALLY HORRIBLE.


*ME AND MY CHEMO COCKTAIL*


*My cocktail was on a good, steady drip. I made my chemo nurse take a picture from up high to get close to the bottles and bags. hahaha.*


*Don't be afraid of an IV or a machine...it's just delivering poison into your body...*

Enough of that. Now to the good stuff. It's getting to be pretty cold out. How were the holidays for everyone? I got a WHITE Christmas this year in Maryland...and I just woke up this morning to another beautiful WHITE snow-fall! This makes me very, very, happy!


Here is my Caringbridge website, for your viewing pleasure, hope you'll check it out.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/believeaimeelynn

Sorry about the small novel - I had my chemo yesterday. So, I slept lastnight until 3am when my body just decided that it had enough (and the anti-nasuea drugs opted to stop working). Today my body doesn't want to move, it hurts, I'm sore, and sooooooooo here I am sitting here typing on my computer. LOL. But, I am exhausted - don't let the upbeat posting fool you. I feel plain awful and I'm exhausted - sleep time again, I think...

Please continue to pray for complete healing. January 12th is a day full of testing, pray for good results, pray for positive outcomes, pray for remission, pray for complete healing!!!!!

My love to all.

In Him,
Aimee Lynn

♥ 'Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance.' James 1: 2-3 ♥